And that means the Happy Sunday List here on The Novel Way.
This past week has been INSANE with life. Writing and prepping for a contest, openhouses, and then there’s that whole work thing I have to show up for.
I’m not gonna lie… I’m a little fuzzy this morning 🙂
While I was contemplating my “list” this morning, (yes, technically it should be done already, but it’s not. No judging.) I was also getting drawn into my latest Summer Read, The Good Widow by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke.
Having followed Liz and Lisa from the beginning, I remember they used to post 5 Do’s and a Don’t interviews with various authors for their website.
It was always one of my favorite things.
I do love a good list.
So, in honor of Open House Season, and the release of their book, I present to you 5 Do’s and a Don’t for graduates.
It’s a win, win, win. The win trifecta.
I warned you I was fuzzy.
5 Do’s and a Don’t
1. Do remember your parents have sacrificed a lot (all willingly) to get you to this point in life. Make sure they know how much you appreciate it!
2. Do find a way to give back. If you’re an athlete, help with summer camps. Bookworm? Volunteer at a literacy group. There are so many ways to give back that don’t have to take you out of your comfort zone. It’s amazing how good you’ll feel with this ‘do’.
3. Speaking of comfort zones… Do get out of yours once and a while. How will you ever know what you’re passionate about if you do take some chances? Living life means you have to get outside the box every now and then.
4. Do enjoy the ride. There will be a lot of ups and downs in your life, sort of like a rollercoaster. Always remember that there’s another hill coming your way. Life rarely moves in a straight line, unless you’re at the end. Embrace every part of the rise and fall.
5. Do remember the big picture is made of small moments. Make sure you’re aware of both of them, and never give too much weight to one or the other. Balance will be your best friend in life. Learn it. Live it. Love it.
1. Don’t change who you are for anyone else. This is big. Huge. And easy to forget. We all get caught up with being in the right crowd, or having the most ‘likes’. Staying true to yourself isn’t always easy, but it will make you happier in the long run. Stop worrying about what other people think, and make choices based on what you want. What’s in your heart? Now that’s what matters.
Okay, that’s it! Another Sunday List on the blog!
Have a great week.
Happy Reading… 🙂